Is Space limited on the Public Tours?
- Yes! Unfortunately, as our tours are in demand, we have set a cap of expected attendees to (90) people per public tour. Thus, we encourage the public to register for a spot via our online via Eventbrite as soon as possible.
Are DinoTracks tours great for all ages?
- Our Dinosaur Track tours engages an audience of all ages however, the tour will take guests on a 2.5 mile hike (roundtrip) on trails that may contain loose rock and grades up to 30%.
Do kids get in for free?
- Children (under the ages of 5 years old) will gain Free Admission! If so, please indicate on the registration form, the number of children that are under the ages of (5 years old). Everyone over the age of 5 years pays the same admission price.
- DinoTracks Tours make great presents! Please contact insights by phone (915)534-0000 or email us (email@example.com) to request a DinoTracks gift card.
- On the day of your tour, your tour guide will have copies of liability waivers on-hand, for all attendees to sign prior to beginning the tour. However, if a minor will be attending without their parent present, a liability waiver must be signed by their legal guardian and given to the tour guide on the day of the tour.
Can we bring a pet along?
- Yes! Insights welcomes pets on the tour, however we kindly ask that they be kept on a leash at all times.
How difficult is the hike?
- Insights’ utmost priority is safety! It must be noted, the tour follows a 2.5 mile hiking trail (round trip) consisting of uneven terrain, containing some loose rock and grades up to 30%. If you have any health concerns, please let our tour guides know prior to the beginning of the tour.
Minimum of Number of Attendees
- If you wish to schedule a private tour, Insights is more than happy to accommodate you in customizing your tour experience. However, we kindly request a minimum of (8) attendees within your Tour Group to book a private tour. Tours groups smaller than 8 guests can be arranged for a higher price per person.
- On behalf of Insights, we appreciate your interest in our Dinosaur Track Tours and are happy to offer a discounted tour rate of $12 per person! Upon reserving a spot via our Online Registration form, please indicate if you’re requesting a tour date on behalf of a non-profit organization.
- Please note: All Private tours (including for Non-Profit Organizations) must be pre-paid TWO weeks in advance in order for our Staff members, to proceed in scheduling your Tour Guides upon payment. Insights currently accepts: Cash, Check, or PayPal.
- Payment Method: Please let our staff on the online registration form, the payment method in which you wish to process payment. Insights encourages the method in which is most convenient for you! Thus, if you wish to pay via: Cash, Check, or Paypal – once indicated on the registration form, a member of our staff will get in contact with you to accommodate you.
Do kids get in for free?
- Children (under the ages of 5 years old) will gain Free Admission! If you are bringing children under 5 years of age, please indicate on the registration form, the number of children that are under the ages of (5 years old). The admission price for everyone over the age of 5 years is the same.
How do we book a school tour?
- Please fill out our online registration form, including all the following information: (Full Name, Email Address, and Phone Number of Point of Contact(s), Number of Students & Chaperones Expected to Attend on the Tour, a Requested Date in which you wish to schedule your tour, Grade Range of Students Attending, and additional comments you wish to add).
- Once you have completed a Registration form online, a member of our Staff will get in contact with you, as soon as possible to assist you with processing a quote for your tour!
Scheduling a Specific Date:
- Insights requires a minimum of TWO weeks in advance prior to your requested tour date for Purchase Orders to be received. Tour Guides will only be scheduled, upon receiving a copy of the Purchase Order! Unfortunately due to our policy NO Exceptions can be made, in order to accommodate other incoming school tour requests.
How long will it take for my school district to approve a purchase order?
- General District Funding: An estimated (1) Month is typically needed for approval from your district, to process payment.
- Title One Funding: An estimated (2) Months is typically needed for approval from your district, to process payment.
Are DinoTracks tours appropriate for all grades?
- Insights’ utmost priority is safety! Our School tours range from K-12 grades, however: Our DinoTrack tours engages an audience of all ages able to complete a 2.5 mile hike on trails that may contain loose rock and grades up to 30%. If there are any health concerns from either your students or your chaperones, please let our staff & tour guides know immediately prior to the beginning of the tour!
Insights – General Tour Policies:
A. School Tours
- Cancellations Due to Weather: In the event that inclement weather disrupts a scheduled Tour, it may be rescheduled one time with no additional fees applied. A second rescheduling request, due to weather or another unforeseen circumstance, will incur a 15% rebooking fee.
- Cancellation after Payment Confirmation has been Received: Within two weeks of the scheduled tour date will incur a 10% rebooking fee.
B. Public Tours
- Tour Guests may reschedule a tour to another month one time with no additional fees applied.
- Each additional rescheduling request (after the first free rescheduling request) will incur a $3 fee per guest.
- Full cancellation of a paid tour will incur a fee of $5 per person.
- Our gift cards are available, via Eventbrite.
Insights will cancel all Public First Sunday Tours when weather forecast reflects:
- 70% Chance or Greater of Heavy Precipitation
- Wind Gusts of over 50 miles per hour
We want you to have a great tour, if the weather looks surprisingly unpleasant, feel free to rebook your tour for the next month, or schedule a private tour.
C. Private Tours
- Tour guest may reschedule a tour for a different date one time with no rebooking fee. Please contact Insights if you would like to reschedule. Each additional rescheduling request (after the first free reschedule) will incur a $3 fee, per guest. Full cancellation of a paid tour will incur a fee of $5 per person.
- For Tour Cancellations due to Weather: Insights will likely cancel a DinoTrack Tour and issue a full refund or free rescheduling when NOAA reflects a weather forecast that: 1) 80% chance or greater of heavy precipitation during the scheduled tour time or 2) Wind gusts of over 60 miles per hour. Registered participants will be contacted prior tour cancellation with details.