Fun & Educational School Field Trip = DinoTracks
During your DinoTracks school field trip, Insights’ tour guides will take your students on a two mile hike through our 211 acres of fossilized dinosaur tracks and giant fossil beds from the Cretaceous Period. A long time ago, the Chihuahuan Desert was actually very wet. Millennia of geological activity changed the environment, but we can still see the evidence of dinosaurs here today. Insights’ knowledgeable tour guides can cover a variety of topics associated with our DinoTracks. Please let us know if you would specifically like to learn more about animal tracking, dinosaurs, geology, paleontology, or other topics.
Tours usually last about three hours, so be sure to bring plenty of water, snacks and sunscreen. As you will be hiking over moderate terrain for about two miles, you will need to wear comfortable closed toed shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
Learn more about our other types of DinoTrack Tours.
Thanks to a generous grant from the El Paso Community Foundation, Insights has developed pre tour and post tour TEK-aligned lesson plans for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. DinoTrack curriculum blends ELA, Science, and Math topics to craft hands-on, engaging activities. All curriculum includes comprehensive background information, printable materials like graphic organizers, and Google Form STAAR-style short assessments. Please let us know if you would like a free copy of this curriculum in the form below. Sample DinoTracks curriculum:
Booking a school tour is easy:
- Fill out the form on this page
- Insights will send you a quote in 2-4 business days
- Submit quote to your district for purchase order authorization (we recommend submitting your invoice at least two months before your scheduled tour date)
- Send your authorized purchase order to Insights (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least two weeks before your selected tour date
- We’ll book your tour!
Call us if you have any questions!
Begin your school field trip booking process here
Upon completion of this school field trip request form, we will send an invoice to the point of contact listed in this form.
Payment or purchase order authorization must be received at least TWO WEEKS prior to the scheduled tour date. Please note that travel approval from your district may take up to one month if general funds are used and two months if Title One funds are used. Tour Guides will not be scheduled until the purchase order is authorized.
$12 per student
$0 for chaperones
*1 adult for every 10 students gets in FREE!
School Tour Policy
- Tours will not be scheduled until payment is received or a purchase order authorization is issued.
- Cancellations due to weather: in the event that inclement weather disrupts a tour, it may be rescheduled one time with no booking fee.
- A second rescheduling, due to weather or another unforeseen circumstance, will incur a 15% rebooking fee.
- Cancellation after payment confirmation is received / within two weeks of the scheduled tour date will incur a 15% rebooking fee.
Still have questions about our DinoTrack tours?
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.